There’s no doubt about it- smoothies are an easy and yummy way to add some great nutrients to your diet. It’s so easy to hide kale and spinach in fruit smoothies that there’s no excuse not to get your daily veggie intake. Besides smoothies, blenders are the perfect tool for mixed drinks, soups, and even butters in some cases. We’ve scoured the reviews and came up with the best buys for any budget.
- Your best bet: Cuisinart Smart Stick 2-Speed Immersion Hand Blender – PSA $35
- Where to buy: Kohl’s, Office Depot, Best Buy
These are great for the occasional use or for light blending, like shake mixes or protein drinks. A good one can even serve to help in cooking by allowing you to puree vegetables right in the pan. It’s small stick-like form makes it great for small kitchens, too.
- 2 speeds (low and high) for all your blending tasks
- Stick design reaches into pots, pitchers and bowls to extend blending options
- Ergonomically designed grip offers comfortable hold and more control while blending
- Operates with a one-touch control for easy, one-touch blending
- Dishwasher-safe blending shaft and beaker make cleanup effortless
- Your best bet: Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender – Less than $20
- Where to buy: Walmart, Best Buy, Sears
Blender sales are steadily on the rise due to the popularity of these single-serve, counter-top machines that let you blend and go, all in the same cup.
- Compact design ideal for small living spaces and on-the-go portability
- Great for making smoothies, shakes, baby formula, marinades and salad dressings
- Simple one touch pulse operation for fast, easy blending
- 14-oz. blending jar also functions as portable travel cup that fits most car drink holders
- BPA free in food zones: blender jar contains no BPA (bisphenol A)
- Efficient 175-watt motor provides all the power you need for fast, reliable performance
- Amazing ratings for a $15 blender.
- It won’t last you years, but at $15-$20, it’s worth replacing!
If you’re wanting a counter-top blender that is powerful enough to get the job done but doesn’t break the bank, you do have some options.
- Rated as a #1 Best-seller in both blender and food processor categories so you’re getting a great kitchen tool
- Quad blade technology has unique processing power for uniform cutting and ice crushing action
- Blender function features large 48-ounce pitcher has easy pour spout and no slip bottom
- 2-cup processor minces, dices, chops, blends and purees
- Create, store, microwave and serve!
- Includes a 48-ounce master prep pitchers and 16-ounce master prep bowl
- Interchangeable 400 Watt Power Pod
- Frozen Blending
- Perfect, Even Chopping
- 2 conveniently sized jars
- Anti-spill splashguard, easy-flip pour spout, and no slip base
It can be just as difficult to find a blender that is worth its salt in the mid-price range as it is to find a more economically priced one. In fact, in the research we did, there were several that fell into this price range that were solidly out-performed by their less-expensive counterparts. Our best advice for this price range is that brand is better.
- Intelli-Speed Motor Control senses contents and maintains optimal speed to power through all ingredients
- Five speed controls (Stir, Chop, Mix, Puree, Liquify)
- Crush Ice and Pulse (all speeds) modes lets you make frozen drinks or create ultra-smooth purees
- Automatic start and stop Crush Ice mode pulses at staggered intervals to uniformly crush a pitcher of ice in seconds
- Durable steel reinforced and coated coupler with 12 interlocking teeth ensure quiet operation and direct motor power
- transfer to the blade
- Pitcher is equipped a comfortable, non-slip grip handle, venting cap and lid with 2 oz. ingredient cap
.9HP DC motor
- Sturdy, die cast metal base houses an LED illuminated digital control panel
- Shatter-resistant BPA-free polycarbonate pitcher
- Stainless steel blades
- Pitcher is dishwasher safe; control panel can be wiped clean after each use
- 60-oz. capacity
*The Ninja Ultima is a great one too! At around $260, it performs like the high-end ones in many areas and is half the price.
At this price range, you’re looking for a workhorse – a blender that will be used daily and will standup to the wear and tear. There are only two brands that really belong in this category – Vitamix and Blendtec. You honestly cannot go wrong with either brand. Both are capable of not only making silky smooth smoothies and shakes, but they also are able to make peanut butter, soups, and almost anything else you throw at them. In our research, one particular blender was mentioned again and again- Vitamix 5200.
- Make smoothies, juices, ice cream, soups, salsa, dressing, frozen drinks, pudding, mousse, peanut butter, crush ice, powdered sugar, mayonnaise, pesto, grind grains and knead bread dough, and more, all in one machine
- Get Started Plus Recipe Book. Getting Started Instructional CD.
- BPA Shatterproof 64oz Container.
- Variable Speed Control.
- Blades: Laser-cut, stainless-steel hammermill and cutting blades measuring 3-in diameter to ensure a consistent blend every time
- Spill-proof, vented lid with plug for safely adding ingredients while machine is running
- Soft-grip, ergonomically-designed handle
- Tamper with collar to prevent tool from hitting the blades
- 7 Year Warranty
- Followed closely by the Blentec Wildside at the same price.