Target can be one of the most fun places to shop! Between a Starbucks coffee, Target Cartwheel, Mobile Coupons, Target Printable Coupons and Clearance you will almost always have a great shopping trip! Have you ever wondered how deep of a discount you are actually getting? Or questioned yourself if you are purchasing each item at it’s lowest price point? Now there is a way to have a better idea of what all those Target Price Tags are really showing you!
- When we think of clearance items we tend to remember all of those end of season mark downs. While all items in the store are subject to a clearance markdown in order to make room for new merchandise, seasonal items often clearance much faster in order for them to be purchased more quickly.
Check for the small number in the upper right corner of the clearance tag
- This little number will let you know the % amount you are saving. You can grab a clearance deal for 15%, 30%, 50%, 70% or even 90% off! For example if the number in the corner is 30, then your item is 30% off. This also means that if it hangs around the store shelves long enough it will be discounted even further to 50% or even 90%. The key is to grab it at it’s lowest price before someone else scoops it up! Also keep in mind that some items will not go on such a steep discount so fast. The deep clearances can vary by store as well.
Does the Price end in $.06 or $.08?
- If your item’s price ends in $.06 or $.08 this is a good indication that it will be marked down yet again with the the two weeks of it’s initial mark down. You can take this as a “watch” item to come back again and see how far the price can plummet.
- How will you know if the item is on it’s final clearance price? It will end in $.04. This will be the absolute lowest price that Target will offer it at.
What does it mean if the price doesn’t end in $.04, $.06 Or $.08?
- Any other price tag ending amount has no special meaning and is just part of the current price.
Keep an eye out for Targets Estimated Weekly Markdown Schedule
- Monday: Baby and Kids Clothing and Electronics
- Tuesday: Decor , Women”s Apparel, Diapers and Pets
- Wednesday: Men’s Apparel, Food, Health & Beauty, Lawn & Garden
- Thursday: Shoes, Housewares, Lingerie and Toys
- Friday: Jewelry, Cosmetics and Home Improvement
Don’t forget to shop Target’s Annual Clearance Events!
- Toys: Toys will be on clearance during the months of July and October and then again after Christmas. I have found the most success in July.
- Baby Items: The Baby clearance event is usually around January and July. Grab deep discounts on baby essentials, furniture, clothing and all the other necessary gear for your tiny tot.