The German market chain, Aldi, is sprouting up all across the nation, and there is good reason- the store is a win-win of convenience and savings. Aldi offers a no-nonsense approach to groceries. If you haven’t shopped there yet, here are our top 14 reasons why you should give it a try.
- Private label brands beat the name brands every time!
- Only around 1,400 items in stock
Affordable Healthy Eating
- Lots of produce is locally grown
- Examples: $.49 cherry tomatoes, $.69 bag of onions, $.69 package of mushrooms, $.99 pineapple
- Best prices on Milk and Eggs
Organic and Specialty Foods
- Simply Nature brand- all organic priced 50% less than national brands
- Look for organic produce, too!
- Living G Free – Gluten-free pastas, baking products, and more
- Fit& Active – great for weight loss and healthy lifestyle
Budget Friendly, Quality Meats
- Pork, Chicken, and Beef at Best prices
- 100% Grass-fed Beef for $4.99/lb!
- Special Buys weekly plus markdowns
- An average-size Aldi is about 10,000 square feet.
- Identical Layouts in every store- easy to find everything you need.
- Aldi’s cashiers are fast, like ninja fast!
- No scales, no price checks, no coupons.
- Accept cash and debit only which is another way they keep costs low- no expensive credit card processing fees.
- Double guarantee offer on any of their brands which means if you try it and don’t like it, they’ll refund your money AND offer a replacement.
Your car won’t get dinged by a cart in the lot!
- Rent a grocery carts for a quarter
- Return your cart when you’re done, and get your quarter back.
- No stray carts in the lot!
- Helps keep prices down because they don’t have to pay someone to go gather carts!
- If you ever forget a quarter, ask the cashier for one. I haven’t had them refuse me yet.
- Weekly special buys on seasonal items
- Great spot for holiday toys and candy
- Great kitchenware deals
- Special buy items that are not selling quick enough can get reduced drastically!
- Look for a rolling shelf with all their clearance deals on it.
- Watch for tags that have a slash through them with a new hand-written price. Those are the bargains!
- Bring your reusable bags because Aldi is green.
- Plastic bags will cost you an extra $.10 per bag. Paper bags will add $0.05 each.
- Re-purpose one of their boxes into a carrying case.
Dinnertime just got easier!
- Since Aldi’s products and prices stay pretty much the same year round, it’s much easier to create an economical monthly meal plan.
- Less eating out expenses because you have dinner already planned!
- Find recipes featuring all Aldi products to make it easier!
Wine under $5
- Select stores only sell beer and wine
- Rave reviews on their wines, and they’re less than $5!
- Employees have a great work environment and it shows in their customer service.
Bonus! Check out some of our favorites:
- Clancy’s Chips – you just can’t go wrong with any flavor
- Savoritz Club Crackers
- Hazelnut Butter
- Spices – just $.99 each!
- Frozen Waffles- My family has actually come to prefer these over Eggos!
- French Toast Sticks
- Kcups – just $4.99 a 12-pack at my store!
- Fresh Mozzarella Balls
- Millville Toaster Tarts
- Carlini Olive Oil
- Mootubes – Yummy, squeezy yogurts
- Milk including Almond Milk