French’s Foods and TwitterMoms have teamed up to find out who’s got the makings of a chef (or at least a really good cook!).
I love to cook, when I can find the time, I can cook pretty nice meals so I am entering this contest. I don’t have any pictures! I really must start taking pictures of stuff I cook. Anyways, here’s my simple recipe, just to give you an idea of how easy your recipe can be.
Quick and Easy Hot Bacon Mustard Dressing over Spinach:
- 4 Crispy Bacon Strips
- 2 Cups French’s Honey Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Orange Juice
- 1T Cider or Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/4t Ground Mustard
- Cooked, Steamed, Wilted Spinach (however you like it!)
- Cook Bacon until it’s crispy (not burned) and Save 3T drippings
- In the pan with the drippings add French’s Dijon Mustard, Orange Juice, Sugar, Vinegar and Ground Mustard. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from Heat. Stir in Honey and Bacon
- Serve warm over Spinach.
Do you have a great recipe? Here’s how it works:
To participate, simply enter one of your recipes in the French’s Cook-Off 2009. If you have pictures of your super dish, upload them or post the story behind the recipe!
Each Recipe Should:
- be original, unpublished, and created by you
- include at least one French’s product
- include no more than 8 ingredients (with the exception of salt, pepper and water)
- be prepared and ready to serve in no more than 1 hour
All submissions must be entered by October 31, 2009.
Cook-Off 2009 Official Rules
French’s Cook-Off 2009 Recipe Contest: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Contest open to legal US residents at least 18 years of age as of June 1, 2009. Contest runs from June 20 – October 31, 2009. Void where prohibited. Go to http://www.frenchsfoods.com for entry details and official rules.