Kohl’s is by far one of my favorite department stores, and I know a lot of you agree with me. Whether you need a new mixer or a new wardrobe, chances are you’ll be able to score a hot deal on it at Kohl’s once you know these few simple tricks.
NOTE: Please remember to use only as reference – stores sometimes change their policies without notice (if you have a correction, please email editor [at] coupondivas.com).K-cups – Since they don’t allow coupons on them anymore, the value is just not there.
1) Make sure and sign up for the Kohl’s email list.
- You’ll get a $5 coupon as a welcome, plus you’ll get lots of great coupons through the year.
- No need to print! They can scan coupons on your phone. That applies to any Kohl’s coupons, not just email ones.
2) Sign up for Yes2You rewards!
- Earn a Free Birthday Gift!
- $5 Reward for every 100 Points, One Point for every dollar spent!
- Once you earn Rewards you will get 30 days to use them!
3) Shop online
- Use up to four codes when shopping online!
- First the Department Specific coupons will be applied such as $10/$30 Kids apparel, then Site wide Dollar off coupons & Rewards and Kohl’s Cash, Last is the Site wide Percentage off Coupons.
- Grab Free Shipping everyday with orders over $75
- Save an extra 15% online when you text SAVE15 to KOHLS (56457)
4) Shop in store at the Kiosk
- Can’t find what you are looking for in store? Order it!
- Grab extra savings by stacking codes!
- Orders from the Kiosk always ship FREE!
5) Cash in on Kohl’s Cash Events to get the most bang for your buck!
- During Select times, Kohl’s offers $10 back for every $50 you spend! There has even been a newer Kohl’s cash offer of $5 back for every $25 you spend! This is great for those of us who are not such big spenders! Even better, you can still stack all your coupons and get cash back!
- You will earn Kohl’s Cash if you are within $2 of the Kohl’s cash earned value, (i.e. $48 of the $50 Or $23 of the $25!)
- They typically offer $15 Kohl’s Cash for every $50 around Black Friday!
- Kohl’s cash will work on Clearance items but not on Charitable items or Wayfair Products.
6) Shop Night Owl or Early Bird sales for more discounts.
- These items get an instant 10-15% discount when you add them to your cart. Then, you can use all the codes on top of that!
7) Kohl’s charge customers get some nice perks.
- Only charge customers get the high value 30% discounts.
- Free shipping offers multiple times through the year.
- Mailed coupons
- Occasional freebies on your statement (Shutterfly photo gift codes)
- Easy returns without receipts if you used Kohl’s charge.
8) Look for rebates or free gift offers!
- Check HERE for special freebies or departmental codes.
- Check HERE for current rebates (which also work with code stacks and Kohl’s Cash)! Submit quickly and make sure to include your email address for updates on its progress. If they deny it, call customer service. I’ve gotten several denied for invalid reasons, and was easily able to get them approved.
9) Kohl’s has great clearance buys!
- Biggest markdowns are on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays. Get there early for best selections!
- In the store, look for the racks with the gold star signs above them and endcaps, or sometimes entire aisles, in each department.
- Kid’s clearance clothes can also be found on the display shelves. They might take up a whole back side or just one or two shelves. I find some of the biggest discounts on these shelves.
- Clothes, in general, seem to get bigger cuts in store than online.
- All codes work on clearance, so stacking a storewide and departmental codes on top of clearance buys makes for awesome deals!
10) Best times to shop is Friday Afternoon through Saturday afternoon.
- This will ensure that you grab the best sales for night owls and early birds!
11) Returns are pretty easy, but there are a few things you should be aware of:
- No questions asked, there are no time restrictions on returns.
- If you return an item with Kohl’s Cash, you’ll lose the Kohl’s cash amount. They’ll refund you only what you paid out of pocket. One exception to this. If you have another receipt for the same sale that shows you spent over $50 even after the return, they’ll reissue your KC. If you already spent the Kohl’s Cash, they will deduct it from the return amount.
- You can return items without a receipt to get a store gift card. You’ll get the current value of the item, or you can do an even exchange within the same department.
- Shop with any credit card and they will always be able to call up your previous purchase history in order for you to get back exactly what you paid!
12) Pay your card off at the register!
- As soon as you make a Kohl’s purchase with your Kohl’s credit card. Pay it off! This will ensure that you don’t rack up a bill and that you use it exclusively for the savings and deals that are offered!
13) Connect the the Free Kohl’s Wifi and Save More!
- Grab extra coupons when you connect to the in store wifi. Open the Kohl’s app and grab 10 Yes2You points!
14) Did you realize that there was a coupon to use after you already made a purchase!? No Problem!
- Call, email or talk with customer service in store and give them your receipt info as well as any promo codes that you have found and they will make a price adjustment!
15) Get Credited when prices drop!
- Don’t you hate it when the price drops the week after you grab your favorite item! Now you don’t have to worry! If the price is reduced within 14 days of your purchase you can grab the difference! The only catch here is if your item goes on clearance. That difference will not be given.
16) Don’t forget to Price Match!
- Kohl’s will price match stores like Walmart and Target. Just bring in the ad!
- Grab an additional 15% off of your price match when there is a coupon available!
17) Look out for the codes in the top right corner of the LCD Price tag.
- Understanding these codes will help you find out just what kind of sale you are getting. If the code is BGH : Buy one Get one 50% off, NM: Item will be marked down again, PP : Product Placement or No real discount, S : Sale, GV: limited time sale Or BB: Bonus Buy!
- The small square on the top right corner of the small price tags are a symbol for the lowest price possible for that item!
18) Create a gift registry and earn!
- Earn 10% for all gifts purchased from your registry. If 500 dollars are spent on the items listed in your registry than you will get back $50!
- Grab a 15% off coupon for any remaining items left on your registry after your big event!
19) Items Not to Buy:
- No matter what discounts you get, there are some items that just won’t end up as a great deal at Kohl’s.
Here are a few:
- Socks and underwear – Very rarely will you see a deal that beats box stores.
- Women’s Handbags – I haven’t found one of great quality yet.
- Bedding – there are much better deals and better selection elsewhere.
- Fine Jewelry – You’re better off getting it from a jewelry store that can answer questions and know more about the jewelry.
- Store-brand sheets – In my experience, The Big One and Sonoma sheets just do not wear well.
20) Here are some of my favorite Kohl’s buys:
- Kitchen appliances, vacuums, shampooers, etc.
- Clothes for the whole family; especially kids.
- Cosmetics and fragrances
- The Big One Towels
- Toys – these can be hit or miss. Their typical sales are not worth it, but their holiday 50% off sales lead to fantastic buys.
- Accent Furniture