Ok, so if you were a fly on the wall right now at my house, you would probably nominate me for the next episode of “What Not to Wear”, but I swear I dress nice when I have to go out. Fall is just around the corner (I know for some of us it is here already).
General Growth Properties, TLC’s “What Not Wear” and TwitterMoms have teamed up to bring you a great contest in celebration of the upcoming mall event “Shop Smart Look Fab”. This event will take place in 140 GGP Malls Nationwide from 9/17 – 9/20 and you can check here to find a mall near you! There are two chances to win, visit TwitterMoms for your chance to win a $25 Gift Card to GGP malls and also visit Shop Smart Look Fab and find out how to enter to win a $10 Gift Card.
What are your 5 Fashion Must Haves? What can’t you live without as the weather cools?
For me, I tend to stick to browns, black, olive, navy with the occasional red and light colors (underneath when I layer). I don’t look great in bright colors so I stay away from yellows, purples and orange.
Here’s my fav’s in no particular order (ok, jeans really is #1):
- Comfortable Jeans: I prefer Lucky Brand because they fit great and last a long time – they are definitely worth a splurge and if you use a coupon or go during a sale, you will find their prices to be very reasonable.
- Boots: Not winter boots. I LOVE a nice pair of black and brown boots that come up to the knee with a nice heel (not spiky, I am a mom of 4 active kids).
- Cardigan: I layer my clothes because 1 minute I am hot the next I am cold (sounds like a familiar song). I like a cardigan in a neutral color that I can grab running out the door.
- Accessories: I love buying “extras” to go with my fall clothes, bracelets, necklaces, scarves and things to put in my hair (sorry I don’t change my earrings, but those are great too!). Oh, and don’t forget sunglasses – it seems to be even brighter in some of the cold months!
- Blazer: It doesn’t get very cold where I live, so I think if I layer a thin long sleeve shirt with a dark blazer that would be enough to keep me warm.